Friday, October 15, 2010

Welcome to the Juggle

Hi there,
Welcome to the Juggle.
The Juggle is the crazy day-to-day life of my family of seven.  That's right, 7.
We are a newly blended family consisting of me (Sam, the Mom), my significant other ("Big Dog" -- more on him later), and our kids -- "Junior" (age 14), "Belle" (age 10), "Micro" (age almost 9), "Big Bug" (just turned 8) and "Lala" (6).
The youngest two are mine and the oldest three are Big Dog's.
Big Dog and I started dating almost 4 years ago.  Those of you who are divorced with kids know how tricky dating can be.  We went through lots of normal ups and downs but we definitely figured out that we were going to be together for the rest of our lives.
So here we are.  Now performing the same Juggling Act that countless other families are doing each day..... How exactly do you get 5 kids to sports, dance, Girl/Boy Scouts, finish homework, provide enriching experiences, hang out with friends, feed, clothe and nurture..... etc., etc., etc........
 I figure I'm the perfect person for this new blended life.  As the oldest in a family of 5 kids, I got my necessary training hours in early.
sigh.   Gotta switch the laundry.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment